Monday, February 16, 2009

diet motivation

my friend came up with the idea that we should have a competition, sort of like Biggest Loser, to see who can lose the most weight.
we set the rules as such: we have until pesach (about 5 weeks) to lose the pounds to get to our goal weights. whoever loses, has to take the other person out to dinner. [i know... eating after losing the weight... lol... but that's what we decided] each sunday morning we have to weigh ourselves and call the other person and tell them what we're up to.
i would like to lose ten pounds and she'd also like to lose ten pounds (except her weight is from having her baby and mine is just FAAAAAAAAAAAT :(

problem is... MOTIVATION
hopefully this contest will get me motivated enough to stick with it. im very competitive by nature so i hope this will work

so far today was great! i was really good and watched what i ate :) but it is only DAY #1 lol
we'll take it day by day

do i have any supporters out there in the blogosphere??

9 comments:

Something Different said...

Dieting is the hardest thing I have ever done. If I had any tips for you I would probably be a lot skinnier....
"I keep losing weight, and it keeps finding me again!"

Good luck and keep us posted.... :-)

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

Dieting is so 80's man. The point is to exercise. What you eat is not really as important as having a rigorous workout every day (which should be done anyway).

halfshared said...

Good luck! I hope you reach your goal...just be careful not to take it too far.

tembow said...

halevai!!

Randomizing Sequencer said...

Wow I can't even keep track of how many times I've tried that. The one time it worked was when my husband and I did it together. I made charts for us to write down exactly what we ate each day and posted them on the fridge. Plus we each picked an incentive prize we'd buy ourselves if we reached our goal. He chose and xbox 360 and I chose a new computer. You can bet those kinds of incentives worked!

Good luck!

frumcollegegirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
frumcollegegirl said...

my friend and her mom and sisters all contributed money every week they stayed on the diet. and the two biggest losers got to split the pot

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

I'll support you. Good Luck!

I dunno how to diet, and it wouldn't make a difference to me, my weight is not something I can control. It decides on its own what to be, every day is different.

I do need to exercise more though, I should probably walk to school instead of taking a bus.

My father sometimes made a deal with my mother that if she looses 10 pounds, then they walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, it worked a few times, and they have done it.

You have to find something that you find worth working for. with a job its money so that you can buy stuff. With dieting, its to have a healthy body and to look good, and whatever other reason it may be. Then once you feel it will be rewarding then it will be easier to do.

Also ties in with my zerizus idea. That you have to do it right away, and stick with it, maintaining it.

itsagift said...

Here's a good quote for this:
"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels."
Go for it! You can do it!!

How do you dream?

Which do you prefer?

What would you rather?

What's your favorite method of keeping in touch with friends?

Are you going to watch the Super Bowl today- and why?