Thursday, February 12, 2009

wake up and smell the coffee :)

I had an interesting experience today...
A girl in my class at school has 
never
had a
cup
of
coffee
before
in her
life!!
So me and another girl decided to take her to Starbucks (my favorite!!)
She was nervous- she's so cute- and when she took the first sip it took her time to get used to it. after a few sips, she liked it a little more but it was too much of a coffee taste for her and she couldn't drink the whole thing. and she said she felt tipsy from the caffeine (she never drinks soda either- can you imagine??) but it was a fun experience.
i've read some things people have written on their blogs about coffee, like how some people just don't like it but i had never heard of someone who hadn't ever tried it! that's new to me, as i've been drinking coffee ever since my father let me have some of his, when i was younger (and yet, i still grew!! despite all my mother said about coffee stunting my growth :)
im a big coffee person, not because im addicted or anything. im not. i don't get withdrawal on fast days B"H. i love the taste and the caffeine is good too. but i drink decaf too. the caffeine doesn't really affect me that much. if i drink a lot, then yeah, it does. but not a regular size cup of coffee. my favorite starbucks drink is a "tall skinny vanilla latte with whipped cream"!! YUMMY!
Do you like coffee? Does it make you do anything crazy- shake, get hyper, high??

oh, and check out the new poll on the right!

12 comments:

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

lol, I never tried coffee either!

Anonymous said...

what are you waiting for???

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

for when we go get a manicure :-)

Anonymous said...

lol cute one, JSB

itsagift said...

I don't drink coffee either! I don't like the smell of it so I won't even bother tasting it.
The only one that smells good is french vanilla.
But I'll stick to my chocolate - that's my addiction! lol

harry-er than them all said...

the only reason i drink coffee is to keep me up. i hate the taste and have to drown it in milk. oh and no sugar cause i'm trying to loose weight. why did you have to torture and poison that poor girl...

nmf #7 said...

MMM COFFEE!! Iced coffee would be my favorite, especially a caramel iced coffee with whipped cream. Yum.
Although, I don't know any college student personally who could survive without coffee!

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

Tembow: lol, Thanx!

Itsagift: I also don't like the smell of it.

halfshared said...

I love the smell of coffee and would love to be able to just drink it when I'm feeling really tired. However, I have tried it on a few occasions and couldn't get past one sip. The first time I tried it was actually when I was flying and I got really thirsty. They were only giving out coffee and tea at that point and I decided that I'll try the coffee. Well, without milk, it didn't taste very good, to put it mildly. I think that was a killer in my attempts at liking coffee.

(P.S. I'm so tired now and with no coffee to wake me up, I sure hope this comment makes sense. You coffee lovers are lucky!)

Anonymous said...

Omg! Sometime when I drink too much I can feel my heart trying to jump out!

corti said...

Haha I don't like coffee either! Everyone in college is addicted to Starbucks... I refuse to pay lol never tasted Starbucks and don't even see it on the horizon ;) I like Soda a lot better :D Hard to drink it in the morning but if I need caffeine that badly...

Did you like Starbucks the first time you drank it btw? From what I hear it's very strong/burnt (and it almost seems like ppl convince themselves they like it lol such a shtick)

Jewishside lol this will be another easy one to knock off the list :P

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

Yay, I drank coffee, tasted a cappuccino, wasn't used to drinking something hot, so it was weird.

It's ironic that I said I was waiting to get a manicure to drink coffee, cause that's what actually happened, and I totally forgot that I said that!

How do you dream?

Which do you prefer?

What would you rather?

What's your favorite method of keeping in touch with friends?

Are you going to watch the Super Bowl today- and why?