Sunday, December 28, 2008

Diets

my father has a sign that he hung up next to his computer so that he sees it all the time as a motivation for his diet. this is what it says:

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

i love it! it's so true. after i eat something, even something that tastes really good, i'm always like: i should NOT have eaten that... it's so fattening... so not worth it... in a day i'll forget about it and that's so true! i really regret eating things after i've eaten them. i don't know if that's so good but i do.
i really pigged out this shabbos. it was disgusting. but its so hard to control myself. i always think, im going to exercise ANYWAY- i'll just burn off these calories. but that's such a bad attitude. 
when im following a diet, i can follow it completely, to the "T'', but when im just watching what i eat... it's so hard to really watch it. i end with the attitude that if i eat one thing i may as well eat 19 because i've already gone overboard and pigged out. 
i guess i should add to the blog description that this blog will also be about dieting, or rather- talking about dieting... not that i'll actually do it! lol :)

5 comments:

G6 said...

We always tell ourselves that we'll "wait until after Yom Tov" to start dieting in earnest.
But with us, there's ALWAYS a Yom Tov!!!
Cheshvan is the only month to diet.
So I guess I'll start dieting in 10 months, lol.......

tembow said...

lol!

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

I've never been on a diet before. Although in 7th grade I thought the whole weight watchers thing was cool, I liked the ideas of points and counting up what you eat. I was going to join my friend in it, but never did.

I actually remember reading a readers digest article that said it's better to eat what you like, than to eat a lot of what you don't like. SO I've kept that in mind and it stuck with me. So I never eat salad cause I don't like it. I eat danishes cause I like it and it makes me full, and I like real food too, I like meat stuff.

Recently I started cooking and it's been so much fun!

Anonymous said...

well i guess you're pretty lucky and have a great metabolism if you can eat danishes and still never be on a diet... i'm kinda jealous :)

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

well yea, but again it's not like I eat a lot, I just get full very fast.

How do you dream?

Which do you prefer?

What would you rather?

What's your favorite method of keeping in touch with friends?

Are you going to watch the Super Bowl today- and why?