Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Naive?

K- so in school today was talking to two girls who are younger than me and one was just redt her first shidduch and she was nervous about how the first phone call works and what to talk about and what happens on first date, etc etc. I tried to give her some advice but you know, up until i went on my first date about 4 months ago, i had no clue what to do or what to say or what to expect. so its not like im the best person to give her advice because i don't have that much experience. but it was interesting to see what  I was like before i went out on my first date. probably so naive just like these girls, who've never gone out before. it was just interesting to see myself from a different perspective, just like frum college girl observed what she was like in HS in her post yesterday.

it would be so cool to have an out-of-body experience and observe myself from the outside. that's probably sorta what it's like to have an identical twin, no?

6 comments:

Something Different said...

I guess you would probably call me naive. I haven't even made it into shiduchim yet... ;)

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

I think everyone is different, so 2 people can be in the same situation and react differently. Some learn the ropes right away, while for others it takes time before they settle in.

I had my first date recently, and it was funny cause I wouldn't have known what to do if not for reading blogs like B4S beforehand.

I mean like about coming into the room after the guy comes, and not being there when he comes. And about having the shadchan set up the first date or not, and about so many other things.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

o, and I would say it's more like having a clone than an identical twin.

I've actually wondered what it would be like to have a clone. I came to the conclusion, that I would be jealous of my clone.

tembow said...

babysitter- congrats on your first date!! may you be zoche to find him quickly and not have to go on too many more!! :)

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

Thanx, Amen and same to you!

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

How do you dream?

Which do you prefer?

What would you rather?

What's your favorite method of keeping in touch with friends?

Are you going to watch the Super Bowl today- and why?